Search Here

Friday, May 2, 2008

The saga begins

I am, with all humility, an average person, just like you, who just chanced upon a little luck when I landed what seems to be a high paying dead-end job overseas.

I am like you, for the most part of my life, always struggling for financial freedom. I started a family younger than when I was supposed to, thinking that by doing so, I'd have enough years ahead of me to figure out exactly how to pull it off - how to be financially free.

Throughout my struggles, I've learned a fatal flaw that is common with most filipinos, indeed with all of us... and that is, that we are bound to wonder aimlessly throughout our productive years thinking that they can put off figuring out how to be financially liberated later on as they have a lot to worry about now --- in short most people thought that to it will take them their entire lifetime to become financially liberated...

But does it really have to be that way? Do we always need to conform to this type of thinking because everybody else is doing it? I bet you already have asked yourself these questions at one point, but ended up clueless just because you dont know where to start...

Okay, like what I said, I'm no financial guru, nor an MBA holder of business, but hey, I always believe that common sense, right information and good old hardwork will never let you down.

We all have to start somewhere, right? I bet you have already asked yourself the same questions, but ended up with nothing because they do not know how, where, when to start...

Like any other projects, lets start by defining our goals. I've writtten three of my personal goals below for this purpose:

(1) To be financially free within the next 5 years
(2) To have a sustainable source of income which can sustain me and my family within my this lifetime
(3) To build up wealth which is higher than the forecasted rate of inflation

So my friends, this marks the start of my journey, God speed to all...

No comments: